Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Obviously we've had a completely amazing 2010.  Our family expanded by one and we couldn't be busier, happier or more overwhelmed with joy.  Watching Liam grow is just spectacular.  I can't wait to see how far he comes in 2011.

Here's a recap of our goals from 2010

Mine:

1. continue to post on the blog weekly, hopefully with pictures of G outside my belly before long. DONE-we'll just ignore this last week ;)
2. revamp our budget and set better limits on my spending. umm not so much.  We did sit down last month and do a budget but with all these after Christmas sales I'm having a terrible time sticking to it.  I WILL be more accountable in 2011
3. get back to my prepregnancy weight of 140lbs. DONE, I'm actually lower at about 136 and fitting into a size 6 vs an 8 thank goodness for breastfeeding and a husband who is a great cook
4. purchase and learn to use a DSLR and photoshop.  Half done.  I have the DSLR and photoshop elements but haven't taken any classes or really learned to use the software.  I take all of Liam's pictures with the camera and LOVE IT but I really need to get better at using the features so I never need to use the flash since I can absolutely see the difference in the photo quality when I do.

And Dominic's:
1. get under 300 pounds.  Workin on it!  He's down from 346 pounds to 311pounds.  He's been working out 5-6 times a week and is making HUGE progress.  I feel quite certain he's going to surpass this goal in 2011
2. limit work hours to 45/week.  He was doing better at the beginning of the year but then lost an employee and has really been working 7-6 five days a week for about half the year.
3. win mega millions.  We're still in CA, 'nough said.  With my goal of budgeting I'm not sure this one will pan out in 2011 either, you can't win if you don't play.
4. learn to speak spanish (please note we've had the Rosetta Stone for this for 2 years now).  Zero progress.  I guess the past is the best predictor of the future.
5. keep my wife happy.  SUPER SUCCESS HERE!
6. eat dinner at the table 5 nights a week.  Since Liam has been here we've started eating at the table a lot more, probably 4-5 nights a week.  I think this success will continue for 2011 since it's really the easiest way to feed a baby.

Here are the goals for 2011:

Mine:
1. revamp our budget and set better limits on my spending.  Our goal is to save $15,000 this year and put that extra money toward our mortgage.  We have a budget in place and I have an excel sheet that should make us accountable.
2. Put the blog into a book for Liam's first year.  I've done this for the pregnancy and our first year of marriage.  I love Blurb because it 'slurps' from the blog so I don't have to reload pictures or anything
3. become proficent with the DSLR without using auto
4. bake a new loaf of bread every month.  I saw this on a blog and thought it was a fantastic way to branch out and try new recipes while eating a little healthier.  Did you know most store bought breads have high fructose corn syrup in them?? YUCK!
5. Continue to blog weekly

Dominic's:
1. work out 4-5 times a week. Weigh 260 pounds.
2. Learn to speak Spanish.

Can't wait to see how we do achieving our goals and what 2011 has to offer.

No comments: